For help after hours call the National 24 Hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233


What is the Family Peace Center?

The Family Peace Center is a 501c3 multi-agency, multi-disciplinary service center located at 315 N. Main Street in Rockford, Ill., that provides services to victims of inter-personal violence. Both public and private partner agencies assign staff on a full-time or part-time basis to provide services from one location. The facility focuses on reducing the number of times survivors tell their story and the number of places survivors must go for help, as well as increases access to services and support for survivors and their children.

What’s my first step?

Give us a call and tell us about your situation at 779-348-7600. If it is unsafe for you to discuss over the phone, we will schedule a time for you to come in for an appointment.

How do I contact The Family Peace Center?

You can call us at 779-348-7600 or send us a message at

Where is the center located?

The center is located at 315 N. Main St. Rockford, IL 61101. The center is located at the corner of N. Main St. and Park Ave. in Rockford, right across from the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Free parking is available in the parking garage on N. Wyman St. Take the stairs or elevator up to the first floor to enter The Family Peace Center’s front doors on N. Main St.

What are the hours of operation?

Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.

What services are available?

  • Centralized Intake
  • Safety Planning
  • Counseling & Play Therapy
  • Case Management
  • Housing Assistance
  • Legal Advocacy
  • Remote Emergency Orders of Protection
  • Assistance Filing Police Reports
  • Interviews with Detectives
  • Trial Preparation
  • Assistance with Crime Victim’s Compensation
  • Spiritual Support
  • Support & Education Groups

Is childcare available?

Children are always welcome

Is security provided?

Law enforcement is on site to respond to any security issues.

Are mental health services available?

Yes, we have several partner agencies that provide counseling at the Center.

What do I do if I need help urgently?

If you or your child are in immediate danger, call 911.

Is transportation to the location available?

Yes, we have bus passes available or can arrange transportation in an emergency. Call us for details at 779-348-7600.

What if I don’t have an ID?

You will not be asked for an ID on site, however, we will ask for name and date of birth upon arrival.